Copyright © Abroad in Germany.
Design by Dzignine
Friday, November 1, 2013

Weekly Update (1.11.13)

Saturday & Sunday (October 26 & 27th): I went the to village Martini Market and I loved it! It was super country in terms of a German village. Everyone displayed their handywork and crafts (though a bit pricey) but it was nice and genuine  I even had Gebrannte Mandeln again! (though not warm, which really makes a difference!)

Martini Markt bei Nacht!

Monday, October 28th: Apparently the clocks were turned ahead to make up for summer ending and Winter officially starting. It's been pitch black on my way to school at 7:15 in the morning and my host sister and my host mom both said that it's going to get darker, oh mein Gott. But classes went by super fast and before I knew it my day was over!

Tuesday, October 29th: TODAY WAS THE SLOWEST DAY EVER POSSIBLE. A storm also rolled in so it was incredibly windy to the point where I almost was blown away! With that being said, my sinuses are taking a toll on the dry, winter air, sadly. But in my biology class, my teacher actually made an attempt to include the exchange students into the work because more of my teachers view me as a ghost in class (mainly because I can't do anything when you can't speak/write/read the language at an advanced level).

Wednesday, October 30th: I don't have a class the first double period (7:50-9:40) so I walked around town for a bit and finally did the 'touristy' schtick and took a bunch of pictures (free of people!). It's was an incredibly nice day and to waste it when there are going to be nasty, dark and dreary days to come in the winter was nice. But then after my second double of classes, I was able to leave early because I had to establish temporary residency in Germany and I finally picked up my care package from my bestest best best friend <3. 

Thursday, October 31st: HALLOWEEN. A holiday that is not celebrated that much in Germany. and that hurts. a lot. School was Schule. I have Zumba on Thursday so I did that. But trying to incorporate more running into my schedule so I can start getting into better shape, I almost threw up and eating an entire bag of Leibniz Mini Chocolate Cookies didn't help! AND IT WAS 2 DEGREES CELSIUS TODAY. HOLY MOLY.

Friday, November 1st: Today in sport, I talked to the other exchange student, who yes, I would consider a friend here in Germany as well as another classmate. They set forward ideas of getting together and watching movies and going out to eat (I suggested a Mexican place in town :) and yeah, one step forward to making actual German friends! *my host mom on Wednesday explained the concept of German friendship to me and in short, it'll take a while for them to open up and start considering you, but when they do, you have a friend for life, basically. 


**Important highlight: October 31st marked the 25% completion mark of my year so far and it made me realize that time had gone by since we arrived in Bad Laasphe. I made a checklist of things to do in Germany so when I look back on it, I won't feel regret and I know that I didn't waste my time.

That's all for now. I had a lot of down time this week mainly because I've been so tired and I just use that time to study/practise my German.


Ciao, 
Tirzha



Currently listening to: M&F (Männer und Frauen) by Die Ärtze

0 comments:

Post a Comment