Copyright © Abroad in Germany.
Design by Dzignine
Monday, September 30, 2013

Trying to update more often.

The past two weeks have just been school, spending time in town and going home to relax. I can't really do much in school now because I'm still 'shadowing' my host sister but hopefully I'll be able to change my classes soon so I can start being more 'independent' in school and make my own friends. 

The past two Saturdays (09/18/13 & 09/28/13), I've spent my day in the lovely city of Hannover, Niedersachsen, Germany! Sundays are Germany's 'off' day (everything is closed, no work) just to relax which is basically what I do. 

For both days, I met up with other Schloß Witti students (aka the CIEE/PPP group) and honestly, it was just great to catch up, laugh, discuss school and host families and just take time off from all the "German" (it's exhausting really).

Even though we bought a map the first day, we didn't use it because we just stayed in the Pedestrian shopping mall in front of the Hannover Hauptbahnhof.  I underestimated the size of it and I've only seen about 25% of it. 

Primark! 
_________________


PICTURE TIME!

We spent some time shopping in the best store ever, PRIMARK, which is basically a four-storied heaven for affordable cute European fashion and it's become my favorite store (H&M can move over). 





I FINALLY WAS ABLE TO EAT A BURGER! (on both trips) It was the biggest thing I've ever eaten and delicious! The fact that we can just order a beer to go with food is still something that continues to amaze me (and I have no urge to go crazy with the opportunity) and it's going to be something that I'm going to miss. *insert laugh here*

I even was able to take some pictures of historical (looking?) buildings around the area but time goes by really fast in a big city like Hannover, so every daytrip there is always new!


_________________________


This week (today being Monday), we only have three days of school since Thursday and Friday we have off and then we start Autumn break which lasts until the end of the month.

We've been in Germany for almost two months now and the time seems to go by very fast! (which is quite frightening).

Once again, I'll try to update as much a possible but I'm going back and 're-posting' about my time in Germany so far (language camp, PDO, etc), I really haven't had time because of school, trips and just sleeping off exhaustion. 

Everything is settling down now, and the new excitement of Germany is kind of wearing off so everything is beginning to feel in place (but after excitement comes the actual 'culture shock').

Tschüss!


0 comments:

Post a Comment