Copyright © Abroad in Germany.
Design by Dzignine
Thursday, October 3, 2013

Today. 03.10.13

So today marked the first day of Autumn break, also known as Unity Day in Germany. There wasn't that much to do, mainly because I didn't feel like doing anything. I started to finally get sick and being unaccustomed to the German illness and viruses, it's hitting me pretty hard. 

My host mom said that she had a 'surprise' for us for the past week and today was the day for that. We went to a concert held in the greenhouse in a town about 5 kilometers away! It was a Canadian-based quartet of viola/guitar/cello/fiddlers and they were really good! 

(It also helped to distract against the homesickness I was feeling and I was responding to it in a negative way but I got over it).

Anyways, they were really amazing - it made me want to start up playing an instrument again, but check them out! (http://www.thefretless.com/) 

That wraps it up, I guess, I just wanted to make a quick post before I go to bed. 

Guten Nacht! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment